A vintage charm bracelet with 7 vintage silver charms and enamel charms, from Monaco, England, Denmark and other travel destinations and one caste sterling silver building charm.
This piece dates from at the latest, the 1960s, most likely a bit earlier, but no earlier than 1956 (see the description on the Monaco charm below).
All of the charms, as well as the bracelet are silver. Six of the seven are enameled. The bracelet is made of one oval link that alternates with a cluster of three links, single and has a simple sterling silver "c" clasp.
The 7 charms are attached each about two links apart with a a single "o" ring each. They are:
1. A small shield shaped, enameled charm from Southampton, England. The silver charm has what must be the flap of Southampton England. It measures approximately .75" x 7/16" or 1.9 cm x 1.2 cm. It is marked "sterling" and "d & b" on the underside.
2. A smaller shield of crest shaped enameled silver charm says "London" and has the British flag painted on it. It measures just under .5" x .5" or 1.3 cm x 1.3 cm. It is marked "silver" is raised letter on the underside, so it may not be sterling.
3. A small round, flat disc shaped blue and gold enameled charm that has the picture of a church-like building and "Kobenhavn" a.k.a. Copenhagen, Denmark. It measures .5" in diameter. It is marked "VIS Sterling Denmark."
4. The largest charm, much larger than the others, measures just under 1" x .75" or 2.5 cm x 1.8 cm. The charm is flat and has a enameled surface. The surface is enameled blue, but the non-enameled areas make the shape of the country of Denmark and written in the right upper corner is "Dan-Mark". The underside is marked "Sterling Denmark."
5. A smaller shield very close in size to the London charm above. It reads "Cote D Azur", otherwise known as the French Riviera . The underside is etched "Argent".
6. The next charm is very detailed. A shield shapes measuring approximately .5" x .5" or 1.3 cm x 1.3 cm. One side is either enameled or inlaid. It may be inlaid, because one of the red diamond shapes in the red and white checkerboard flag pattern is missing. On the top it reads "Monaco" with a black background. The underside has a raised bust and profile, very detailed, and only silver, of Princess Grace Kelly and Rainier III, Prince of Monaco. Dating this charm from sometime after 1956. "Argent" is etched above the relief busts in the silver.
7. A caste sterling silver high-rise, L-shaped , detailed building. It is marked an illegible number and "Sterling" on the underside. I believe it is hollow and it measures just under .5" x .5" x .25" or 1.3 cm x 1.3 cm x .7 cm.
The bracelet itself is not marked.
Measurements of the bracelet:
7.5" or 18.8 cm measurement from end to end approximately
2.25" or 5.7 cm diameter of wrist opening approximately
6.75" or 17.1 cm circumference of wrist opening approximately
1/4" or .6 cm is the width of links of the chain approximately
approximately 25 grams
The attachment rings for each charm have been soldered closed.
If removing would be desired, please consult a jeweler.
Very good vintage condition with a bit of wear and a lot of tarnish and patina on the underside of the enameled charms. AS mentioned above, the Monaco charms has a bit of damage on the surface. I have not attempted to polish this piece, leaving that decision up to the buyer. The bracelet itself is not very tarnished at all. I have intentionally left all of the pieces unpolished and with the patina from age, to leave that decision up to the buyer.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
I don't accept cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)