A vintage charm bracelet with 10 vintage silver charms and enamel charms, from European travel destinations, France, Olso and Holland and one silver seahorse charm and sterling graduation cap.
This piece dates from at the latest, the 1960s.
The bracelet and one of the charms are sterling silver, some are 800 silver, some charms enameled on the surface and not marked or sterling. The bracelet is very a very simple, single, twisted link chain with a simple sterling silver "c" clasp.
The 10 charms are attached each about two links apart with a a single "o" ring each. They are:
1. A slightly textured graduation cap, made of two sterling silver thin pieces of metal soldered together. There is a tiny chain dangling from the center of the cap, the tassel. It is marked with a tiny etching "sterling" under the brim. It measures just under .5" x .5" or 1.3 cm x 1.3 cm and is less than 1/4" tall or .6 cm.
2. A small shield shaped, enameled charm from Oslo Radhuset or the Norway's Oslo's City Hall. The silver charm has a an amazingly detailed and tiny scene painted on it white enameled surface. It measures approximately 1/2" x 3/8" x 5/16" or or 1.8 x .9 x .7 cm. The underside of the flat charm is marked what I believe is "800 REV" (it is very tiny and the "8" is slightly worn with age.) This would mean it is 800 purity silver.
3. A three leaf clove shaped silver charm with inlaid stone. The pale green, mottled stone may be soapstone. The other side is blank silver except for a tiny etching which I believe reads "LVER" or "IVER". It is likely not sterling. It measures .75" x .75" or 1.9 cm x 1.9 cm approximately and is less than 1/16" thin.
4. Another small shield shaped, enameled charm from Oslo. The silver charm has the Nowegian flag painted on it. It measures approximately 1/2" x 3/8" x 5/16" or or 1.8 x .9 x .7 cm. The charm is unmarked. and therefore not sterling.
5. A small caste silver seahorse. It measures approximately 7/8" x 3/8" x 1/4"or 2.3 cm x .9 cm x .3cm. It is not marked, therefore not sterling.
6. Another small shield shaped, enameled charm from France The silver charm has the French flag painted on it and is flat, but more square shaped than the previous shields, with a point at the bottom. It measures just under 1/2" x 3/8" or or 1.8 x .9 cm. The charm is unmarked, therefore not sterling.
7. A hollow, caste, realistic pair of dangling Dutch wooden shoes with a lovely patina. They are not marked, but are presumably from Holland, and not sterling. Each shoes measures about 1/2" or 1.3 cm in length.
8. Another small shield shaped, enameled charm from France. The silver charm has a turquoise blue sky painted on it and a raised silver Eiffel Tower. It is flat and the same shape as the other France charm. It is marked in raised letters on the silver underside "PARIS." It is not marked sterling.
9. The largest of the charms is a moveable charm. A (I believe hollow) caste silver windmill with detailed blades that spin. This charm is not marked (not sterling) and measures about .75" x .75" x .5" (1.9cm x1.9 cm x .9 cm) at the widest points.
10. Another small shield shaped, enameled charm from Palma de Mallorca, one of the Balearic Islands off the Spanish east coast.. The silver charm has a tiny, detailed nautical and city scene painted on it. It measures approximately 1/2" x 3/8" x 5/16" or or 1.8 x .9 x .7 cm. The underside is marked "800". This would mean it is 800 purity silver.
The bracelet is marked "Sterling" on the clasp and on the last link.
Measurements of the bracelet:
6 7/8" or 17.6 cm measurement from end to end approximately
2 1/8" or 5.4 cm diameter of wrist opening approximately
6.5" or 16.5 cm circumference of wrist opening approximately
1/4" or .6 cm is the width of links of the chain approximately
approximately 20 grams
The attachment rings for each charm have been soldered closed.
If removing would be desired, please consult a jeweler.
Excellent vintage condition with very little wear. I have not attempted to polish this piece, leaving that decision up to the buyer. There is definitely a patina and tarnish on most of the enameled charms and the windmill. The bracelet itself is not very tarnished at all. I have intentionally left all of the pieces unpolished and with the patina from age, to leave that decision up to the buyer.
If taxes are applicable for your location (state or country) these will be automatically calculated and added to your total purchase at checkout.
Hensfeathers Vintage is not responsible for any customs or Paypal fees incurred by international buyers.
I gratefully accept both Paypal payments, as well as, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and ETSY gift cards,
directly though ETSY.
Sorry, I do not accept check or money order at this time.
Shipping from United States
*Purchased item(s) will be shipped within 1-3 business days of Paypal or ETSY Direct payment being received, unless otherwise stated. Business days do not include Saturdays, Sundays or USPS holidays. Please Note: Items purchased after 5:00 p.m. eastern time on Fridays will not be shipped until AT LEAST Monday (unless we have discussed this in advance) and at the latest, Wednesday, of the following week.
*Shipping prices reflect both shipping and handling costs. All items will be shipped with the utmost care, while always striving to reuse and recycle shipping materials in the most creative and secure way possible.
*Hensfeathers Vintage most USPS to ship. You may select your chosen ship speed/cost at checkout. If you are in need of expedited shipping and do not see and option that fits your needs, or have any questions regarding shipment, please contact me.
*All domestic shipments can be tracked directly through ETSY and/or the USPS site.
*Most items are available for international shipping. If an item does not have an international shipping as an option at checkout, please contact me and I will quote you an exact rate to your country for that item, if shipment is possible. Please be sure to know that international buyers are responsible for any and all duties and customs charges that may be incurred.
PLEASE NOTE: My ability to track the item sometimes exists only until it leaves the US, depending on the region. I am unable to give estimates on ship times to international locations, due to varying factors. Shipments to Europe and Australia, for example, can vary in time greatly, depending on customs and other factors, anywhere from 7 to 10 business days to over a month. Shipments to other continents, such as South America, generally, will take longer.
*Please be sure to provide your accurate mailing address OR if the item is a gift, the receiver's address and a notation that it is a gift. If a different address is not specified, I will use the address currently associated with your Etsy account.
*I respond to all inquiries in a timely manner, usually within 24-48 hrs, unless it is a holiday.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
I don't accept cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Returns and exchange details
I have taken great measures to both describe and provide detailed photographs of these treasures, ensuring that your discerning and discriminating eye will be pleased with the vintage item's current condition.
Please remember these items have been used, in some cases for many, many decades. Vintage and antique items are rarely perfect, but I have done my best in most cases to restore them lovingly, unless otherwise stated.
RETURNS on Clothing:
*hensfeathers vintage* DOES accept returns on vintage clothing, in the unfortunate event that an item does not fit.
However, to avoid the inconvenience on your end (and the need for you to pay both initial and return shipping fees) please check the measurements carefully and compare to a similar item that fits you well.
Feel free to ask any questions prior to purchasing, regarding the fit and condition.
If there is a fit issue upon receive a clothing item, PLEASE CONTACT ME PRIOR TO RETURNING THE ITEM (and within 5 business days of receiving the item). I will not accept returns without prior notification. Once we have communicated about the return, I require that the item be shipped out within the next 5 business days.
The item must be returned safely, in its original condition. If so, I will then refund the full amount of the item minus the shipping, once I receive it.
As mentioned, the customer will be required to pay for return shipping, including tracking, as well. Tracking will be required. If an item is lost on it's way back to me, you, as the customer are responsible, and a refund will not be issued until I receive it in it's original condition.
The refund (for the item only) will be issued by the means paid and only once I receive the item in its original condition. The amount of time that it takes for the refund to post to your account will be determined by the payment service you used (Etsy Direct Checkout or Paypal.)
All other RETURNS:
All other returns will be handled on a case-by-case basis. I typically will work with the customer to meet their needs and leave them feeling satisfied.
Please contact me within 5 business days prior to shipping the item back. Again, as stated above, I will not accept returns without prior notification. Once we have communicated about the return, I require that the item be shipped out within the next 5 business days.
The item must be returned safely, in its original condition. If so, I will then refund the full amount of the item minus the shipping, once I receive it. The purchaser will be required to pay for return shipping, including tracking, as well.
Tracking will be required. If an item is lost on it's way back to me, you, as the customer are responsible, and a refund will not be issued until I receive it in its original condition.
The refund will be issued by the means paid and only once I receive the item in its original condition. The amount of time that it takes for the refund to post to your account will be determined by the payment service you used through Etsy direct checkout.
I welcome and encourage questions prior to purchase to ensure there is no confusion about an items appearance. If an unfortunate issue does arise once you have received your shipment, please contact me as soon as possible, so the situation can be remedied!
Please do not hesitate to contact *hensfeathers vintage* for combined shipping rates or with any questions regarding my treasures, shipping and policies. If interested in purchasing multiple items, I will gladly assess a more precise shipping total prior to checkout OR issue a refund for any shipping overage.
Looking for a specific item? My inventory is alway growing and I have more items than I can possibly list at any given time. Convo or email me and I may have a hidden treasure you have been searching for! I will gladly keep me eyes out for something rare or unique, for you!
Happy treasure hunting!