A vintage charm bracelet with 10 vintage silver charms and enamel charms, from European travel destinations, France, Olso and Holland and one silver seahorse charm and sterling graduation cap.
This piece dates from at the latest, the 1960s.
The bracelet and one of the charms are sterling silver, some are 800 silver, some charms enameled on the surface and not marked or sterling. The bracelet is very a very simple, single, twisted link chain with a simple sterling silver "c" clasp.
The 10 charms are attached each about two links apart with a a single "o" ring each. They are:
1. A slightly textured graduation cap, made of two sterling silver thin pieces of metal soldered together. There is a tiny chain dangling from the center of the cap, the tassel. It is marked with a tiny etching "sterling" under the brim. It measures just under .5" x .5" or 1.3 cm x 1.3 cm and is less than 1/4" tall or .6 cm.
2. A small shield shaped, enameled charm from Oslo Radhuset or the Norway's Oslo's City Hall. The silver charm has a an amazingly detailed and tiny scene painted on it white enameled surface. It measures approximately 1/2" x 3/8" x 5/16" or or 1.8 x .9 x .7 cm. The underside of the flat charm is marked what I believe is "800 REV" (it is very tiny and the "8" is slightly worn with age.) This would mean it is 800 purity silver.
3. A three leaf clove shaped silver charm with inlaid stone. The pale green, mottled stone may be soapstone. The other side is blank silver except for a tiny etching which I believe reads "LVER" or "IVER". It is likely not sterling. It measures .75" x .75" or 1.9 cm x 1.9 cm approximately and is less than 1/16" thin.
4. Another small shield shaped, enameled charm from Oslo. The silver charm has the Nowegian flag painted on it. It measures approximately 1/2" x 3/8" x 5/16" or or 1.8 x .9 x .7 cm. The charm is unmarked. and therefore not sterling.
5. A small caste silver seahorse. It measures approximately 7/8" x 3/8" x 1/4"or 2.3 cm x .9 cm x .3cm. It is not marked, therefore not sterling.
6. Another small shield shaped, enameled charm from France The silver charm has the French flag painted on it and is flat, but more square shaped than the previous shields, with a point at the bottom. It measures just under 1/2" x 3/8" or or 1.8 x .9 cm. The charm is unmarked, therefore not sterling.
7. A hollow, caste, realistic pair of dangling Dutch wooden shoes with a lovely patina. They are not marked, but are presumably from Holland, and not sterling. Each shoes measures about 1/2" or 1.3 cm in length.
8. Another small shield shaped, enameled charm from France. The silver charm has a turquoise blue sky painted on it and a raised silver Eiffel Tower. It is flat and the same shape as the other France charm. It is marked in raised letters on the silver underside "PARIS." It is not marked sterling.
9. The largest of the charms is a moveable charm. A (I believe hollow) caste silver windmill with detailed blades that spin. This charm is not marked (not sterling) and measures about .75" x .75" x .5" (1.9cm x1.9 cm x .9 cm) at the widest points.
10. Another small shield shaped, enameled charm from Palma de Mallorca, one of the Balearic Islands off the Spanish east coast.. The silver charm has a tiny, detailed nautical and city scene painted on it. It measures approximately 1/2" x 3/8" x 5/16" or or 1.8 x .9 x .7 cm. The underside is marked "800". This would mean it is 800 purity silver.
The bracelet is marked "Sterling" on the clasp and on the last link.
Measurements of the bracelet:
6 7/8" or 17.6 cm measurement from end to end approximately
2 1/8" or 5.4 cm diameter of wrist opening approximately
6.5" or 16.5 cm circumference of wrist opening approximately
1/4" or .6 cm is the width of links of the chain approximately
approximately 20 grams
The attachment rings for each charm have been soldered closed.
If removing would be desired, please consult a jeweler.
Excellent vintage condition with very little wear. I have not attempted to polish this piece, leaving that decision up to the buyer. There is definitely a patina and tarnish on most of the enameled charms and the windmill. The bracelet itself is not very tarnished at all. I have intentionally left all of the pieces unpolished and with the patina from age, to leave that decision up to the buyer.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
I don't accept cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)