A vintage charm bracelet c. early 1970s, sterling silver double link bracelet with five charms of silhouettes, a monogram, a Christmas charm and Bermuda charm.
There are five charms attached to what is clearly a mom's bracelet's links, each with an "O" ring, the charms are:
1. A thin silver silhouette of a boy with the name "Dicky" etched into the shiny silver surface in script. The underside is shiny silver and is etched in also in script "3-5-44". (presumably, a birthdate). There is no maker's mark present, therefore this charm is likely not sterling. It measures approximately 5/8" x 7/8" or 2.6 cm x 2.3 cm approximately.
2. A thin silver silhouette of a girl with the name "Judy" etched into the shiny silver surface in script. The underside is shiny silver and is etched in also in script "7-12-53". There is no makers mark present, therefore this charm is likely not silver. It measures approximately 5/8" x 7/8" or 2.6 cm x 2.3 cm approximately.
3. A round, thin silver medallion charm. The front has a very ornate, etched three letter monogram "BMJ", with the J being the middle initial and the largest. The round medallion has a scalloped edge design. The underside of the charm is engraved with the date "6-22-70 Love Dicky". The diameter of the charm is 1" or 2.5 cm. There is no maker's mark present, therefore this charm is likely not sterling.
4. A slightly smaller round charm, with the diameter of 7/8" or 2.3 cm. It has a slightly scalloped edge and a raised Christmas tree design with a tiny green or red gem on the end of each branch. The back of the charm is etched with the sentiment "Love Dicky 12.25.69." There is no maker's mark present, therefore this charm is likely not sterling.
5. An even smaller round, diorama-like charm. A lacy raised border with a centralized 3-dimensional palm tree, a faux pearl, and a small green faux gem. Above the palm tree etched on the flat part of the charm is "Bermuda". The shiny back of the charm is etched with the tiny word "Sterling". The round charm is just over .75" or 1.9 cm in circumference.
The bracelet is made up of triple round links, linked to other triple round links.
The bracelet closes by a push button style clasp, it had a safety chain with a clasp, but the chain is broken off at one end. When unclasped, the safety chain will be removed, and since it is not necessary, the bracelet will still function, and the actual clasp works perfectly.
The bracelet is marked "AR" and "Sterling" on the flat surface of the clasp.
The bracelet and one of the 5 charms is sterling.
Measurements of the bracelet:
7.75" or 19.8 cm measurement from end to end approximately
2" or 5 cm diameter of wrist opening approximately
6.25" or 115.9 cm circumference of wrist opening approximately
3/8" or .9 cm is the width of links of the chain approximately
approximately 30 grams
The charms loops have been soldered closed by a jeweler, it appears. The two heads have cut out hanging hole, and the bracelet links have been soldered closed, I assume, to keep them from slipping off.
If removing is desired upon purchase, consult a jeweler.
Excellent vintage condition. The bracelet itself is in mint condition, with some tarnish, and the clasp is in perfect working order. As mentioned above, the safety clasp is broken off at one end and can be taken off using the c clasp at the other end. The charms have some minor surface wear on the fronts and back and a wee bit of tarnish. I have not attempted to polish this piece, leaving that decision up to the buyer.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
I don't accept cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)